Self Directed Services
Now Accepting New Enrollments for Fiscal Intermediary Services!
Are you interested in customizing your services to meet your unique needs? Do you want to manage your own schedule, activities and staff?
Racker’s Self-Direction program is accepting referrals for Fiscal Intermediary and Brokerage Services! Don’t delay, contact us today! Email self-direction@Racker.org
Self Direction is New York State’s current self-determination program. Self-direction empowers people to design supports based on their unique strengths and needs so they can live the life they want. Individuals and families work together with a team to customize services such as Community Habilitation, Respite and more. There are many benefits to choosing to self-direct services, including:
- It gives more opportunity to make decisions and have control over funding used to buy services.
- Individuals and families choose their own staff, some or all of their services, and organizations that provide them.
- It provides more flexible services to meet the needs of the person receiving services.
Eligibility: Individuals interested in Self-directing their services
- Reside in Cortland, Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, Tioga or Tompkins counties
- Have OPWDD approval for services,
- Have HCBS Waiver Services Authorization
- Be approved for Self-Directed Services through OPWDD
How to access: Individuals may be referred for services through their Service Access Coordinator or your Care Coordinator.