Expanding Possibilities Program
The Possibilities Programs offer the students, families and school staff members in participating districts a wide variety of opportunities to collaborate in new ways, gain new skills and work together to support student and school success. The following list includes some of the elements of the program:
- Licensed Possibilities Social Workers can be assigned to work with one student, family and school team for 12-14 weeks to explore ways to increase student well-being and success.
- The Expanding Possibilities Warmline is available for school staff and families in consultation with an Expanding Possibilities staff member to assist in uncovering new resources and solutions when challenging situations arise.
- Lamplight Consultations provide on-site solution focused consultations with teams with written parent permission and involvement
- CARE team meetings offer parent driven solution focused meetings for families and the support team members of their choice to create new paths towards student success at home and at school
- Professional Development is available through Expanding Possibilities on a wide variety of topics such as Trauma Responsive Education, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Self-care and Anxiety Management.
Eligibility and Referrals:
Expanding Possibilities resources are available to participating districts in the TST BOCES region. Both general education and special education students are eligible to participate. Referrals for student support must come through the student’s home school. Requests for consultation and professional development can come from any school administrator, teacher or mental health support team member.
Success Stories from Families:
“My daughter is busier, happier and better than ever before.”
“The Possibilities Social worker helped me feel more confident as a parent and helped me communicate better with the school!”
Feedback from Schools
“The Possibilities Social Worker helped the family connect with community resources and become more successful. She helped us collaborate on goals as a team and with the family.”
“The attitude and the message about real change was so helpful to our staff.”
“The training that you offered was very informative, empowering, and comprehensive.”
“The presentation offered complex material in an easy to process format. The training had great visuals and the team was engaging, passionate and fun to work with.”