Racker supports people with disabilities in homes throughout Tompkins, Cortland and Tioga Counties, the people have a wide range of abilities and needs.
The goal of residential services is to provide people with disabilities a home where they can thrive. Participants receive nursing and nutritional services as well as services that help them identify and achieve their goals that reflect their dreams, wishes and desires.
“Racker staff is dedicated to helping our son do all the little things that make his life fulfilling.”
“The quality and caring programs that Racker provides is just one of the many reasons they have the respect of the community.”
About the Residential Program
Participants receive nursing and nutritional services as well as services that help them identify and achieve their goals that reflect their dreams, wishes, and desires.
The concept of person centered planning guides the Residential Program of Racker.
Our staff enhance the lives of participants by affording opportunities for lifelong community involvement in a nurturing environment.
• Homes for more than 140 people in three counties
• 1 free-standing respite house located in Cortland County
• We serve adolescents to seniors
• Direct care staff work at the homes 24-hours a day to support residents
Services We Provide
Services offered in our program respond to the varying needs of each individual. They include:
- Helping to build friendships and maintain
relationships with family and friends
- Support and encouragement in learning daily
living skills, and assistance with personal care
- Individualized planning to support and foster
attaining goals and aspirations, both at home and
in the community
- Medical care, and administration of medication
- Mental health care and support
- Meals and dietary support
- Support in being active and out in community
- Building connections in the community
Participants in the Residential Program must:
- Have a diagnosis of a developmental disability prior to the age of 22 years old
- Be eligible for Medicaid
- Be in need of supervision and support
- If you already receive OPWDD services, please contact your care manager for a residential referral. If you are not eligible please follow the link to pursue eligibility: https://opwdd.ny.gov/get-started/front-door
All residential referrals are processed through OPWDD and not providers like Racker.
“Starry Night” Respite House
The house is located in Cortlandville, NY and serves Cortland and the surrounding areas. A respite house offers the
opportunity to address the sometimes urgent needs associated with care giving. It allows family members to get the time they need while we provide guests with 24-hour care in an environment with skilled staff able to
attend to a guest’s
At “Starry Night” we offer short-term residential
services for children and adults with a wide variety
of developmental disabilities including; autism, Down
Syndrome, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, as well as individuals
requiring support for high medical needs.
Racker specializes in the growing needs for awareness of an
aging population of individuals with developmental disabilities. In addition to the services that we provide to all of our
residential participants, we offer the following to our senior citizens in our houses:
- Specially trained staff for individuals who are medically frail
- Programs for those who are retired or due to health are unable to participate in activities in the community