Self Directed Services
Now Accepting New Enrollments for Self-Direction, Fiscal Intermediary, and Broker Services!
Are you interested in customizing your services to meet your unique needs? Do you want to manage your own schedule, activities and staff?
Racker’s Self-Direction program is accepting referrals for Fiscal Intermediary and Brokerage Services! Don’t delay, contact us today! Email self-direction@Racker.org
Self Direction is New York State’s current self-determination program. Self-direction empowers people to design supports based on their unique strengths and needs so they can live the life they want. Individuals and families work together with a team to customize services such as Community Habilitation, Respite and more. There are many benefits to choosing to self-direct services, including:
- It gives more opportunity to make decisions and have control over funding used to buy services.
- Individuals and families choose their own staff, some or all of their services, and organizations that provide them.
- It provides more flexible services to meet the needs of the person receiving services.
Eligibility: Individuals interested in Self-directing their services
- Reside (click for full list of areas served) in Cortland, Tioga and Tompkins Counties or parts of Broome, Chemung, Steuben, Seneca, Schuyler, Cayuga, and Onondaga counties
- Have OPWDD approval for services,
- Have HCBS Waiver Services Authorization
- Be approved for Self-Directed Services through OPWDD
How to access: Individuals may be referred for services through their Service Access Coordinator or your Care Coordinator.